Hugh Jackman Is Going Through Intense Training for Deadpool 3
Jackman will train for six months before returning as Wolverine for ‘Deadpool 3’
Hugh Jackman is returning as Wolverine to the much-anticipated Deadpool 3. The actor just revealed what his training for the role looks like. Of course, gaining the physique of the iconic Wolverine would be no easy feat. The actor revealed that his training spanned six straight months.
Furthermore, Hugh Jackman has also mentioned that the role of Wolverine is going to be his main focus for now. Regarding this, the actor stated, “I’ve learned you can’t rush it. I’ve learned that it takes time. So, we have six months from when I finish to when I started filming. And I’m not doing any other work.”
Of course, fans were incredibly excited after learning about the return of Jackman in Deadpool 3. His association with the role goes back to the 2000s when he first played the role in X-Men. Of course, there have been several ups and downs in the actor’s journey.
In 2016, Hugh Jackman was reported to have reached a significant strength milestone – joining the 1,000-pound powerlifting club. This means that he had achieved the ability to lift 235lbs in a bench press, 410lbs in a deadlift, and 345lbs in a squat all in a single day. How did he manage to reach such a level of strength and attain a superhuman physique?
Wolverine Workout Routine of Hugh Jackman
Hugh Jackman physically transformed himself for the role of Wolverine with workout routine:
Day 1 – Chest & Shoulders
- Barbell Bench Press
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Behind-The-Neck Press: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Cuban Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Tricep Dips: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Tricep Pushdown: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Lat Raises: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Front Raises: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Rear Shoulder Flys: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Overhead Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
Day 2 – Legs & Abs
- Back Squat: 4 sets of 5 reps
- Front Squat: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Calf Raise: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Raises: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Ab Wheels: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Knee Raises: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Decline Sit-Ups: 4 sets of 10 reps
Day 3 (Back & Biceps)
- Weighted Pull-Up: 4 sets of 5 reps
- Dumbbell Rows: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Bodyweight Rows: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Incline Dunmbbell Curls: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Zottman Bicep Curls: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Cross Body Curls: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Pronated Curls: 4 sets of 8 reps
Day 4 (Chest & Arms)
- Incline Bench Press: 4 sets of 6 reps
- Dumbbell Press #1: 4 sets of 6 reps
- Dumbbell Press #2: 4 sets of 6 reps
- Dumbbell Press #3: 4 sets of 6 reps
- Cable Flys: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Narrow Grip Bench Press
- Triceps Pulldowns: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Dips: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Diamond Grips: 4 sets of 8 reps
Day 5 (Core & Legs)
- Deadlifts: 4 sets of 5 reps
- Romanian Deadlifts: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Zercher Squats: 4 sets of 12 reps
- Incline Sit-Ups: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell Landmines: 3 sets of 10 reps
Leg Day Example
- Back Squat: >85% 1RM 3 sets of 6 reps
- Leg Press: >85% 1RM 3 sets of 6 reps
- Bulgarian Split Squat: 60-80% 1RM 3 sets of 14 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Lunge: 65-85% 1RM 3 sets of 10 reps
- Medicine Ball Slams: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Hanging Leg Raise: 3 sets of 10 reps
The physical abilities demonstrated by Hugh Jackman were not just a result of his powerlifting routine but also through a commitment to cardio. He regularly performed a 10-minute cardio warm-up before his weightlifting sessions, followed by an additional 20-30 minutes of cardio afterwards. When focused on shedding body fat, he even incorporated an additional cardio session later in the day to further burn off any additional calories.
Jackman’s run with the role ended on a high note with the movie Logan, which is considered one of the best superhero movies in recent times. However, with that, fans were also carrying the emotional weight of Wolverine’s possible demise.
It is already confirmed that Jackman’s role will be based on the past rather than the future. Another major factor that played a role in Jackman’s comeback was his rapport with Reynolds. Both the stars have been good friends for a while now.
Director Shawn Levy has also talked about the chemistry between the two actors, especially the fun banter that goes on. The director has also made it clear that both actors will constantly interact throughout the movie. Furthermore, it has been teased that Jackman will be having a major impact.
Deadpool 3 is expected to begin its production in May 2023 and hit the cinemas around the 8th of November 2024. However, regional release dates have not been given out yet. And with that, fans are also delighted to know that Deadpool 3 will not stray away from the R-rated appeal. So, what we are about to see is a raunchy and foul-mouthed team-up between Deadpool and Wolverine (Jackman).
Share this on social media