Ferrari Monza SP1 is the Most Beautiful Car in the World (According to Science)
14 points were mapped onto the front view of each of the vehicles that were being analysed
Automobile lovers have always wondered what the most beautiful car in the world is. It seems they finally have an answer. Carwow has recently named the 2019 Ferrari Monza as the world’s most beautiful car. The company did not use any subjective criteria like expert voting but applied the Golden ratio to the design of the vehicle and decided that the vehicle was closest to achieving the highly coveted “Perfect Proportions.”
For those of you who are unaware, the Golden ratio is not a modern method. It is an old method that dates back to over 2,500 years. It is a mathematical equation that is used to decide the ideal proportions. Even geniuses like Michelangelo used this ratio to make their work more aesthetically pleasing and fine-tune it.
While conducting the study, 14 points were mapped onto the front view of each of the vehicles that were being analysed, such as windshields, headlights, side-view mirrors, etc. Then, the distance between each point was measured, and the numbers were added to a computer. After tabulating the results, Ferrari Monza won the race. Out of many vehicles that were analysed, only Ferrari Monza came closest to following the proportions of the Golden Ratio. It had an alignment of 61.75 per cent.
Another reason Ferrari Monza won the race is its eternal beauty. The vehicle will not look out of place in the past, the present, or the future. Ferrari Monza has flowing lines that go from front to back, and it was designed for two things, turning heads, and going fast.
To win the title of the most beautiful car in the world, Ferrari Monza beat some critical competitors. It was compared against 197 performance sports cars that have been released since the year 1950. Most cars that made to the top 10 list were from the ‘60s and ‘70s. The second spot on the list was occupied by 1964 Ford GT40 that had an alignment of 61.64 per cent, and the third spot was nabbed by 1967 Ferrari 330 GTC Speciale that had an alignment of 61.15 per cent).
The Ferrari Monza SP1 tops the list of most beautiful performance cars in the world
- 2019 Ferrari Monza SP1 (61.75% aligned to the golden ratio)
- 1964 Ford GT40 (61.64% aligned to the golden ratio)
- 1967 Ferrari 330 GTC Speciale (61.15% aligned to the golden ratio)
- 1974 Lotus Elite (60.07% aligned to the golden ratio)
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO (59.95% aligned to the golden ratio)
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette C2 (Stingray) (58.86% aligned to the golden ratio)
- 1967 Ferrari 330 P4 (58.65% aligned to the golden ratio)
- 1974 Alfa Romeo Alfetta (58.53% aligned to the golden ratio)
- 1966 Lamborghini Miura (57.83% aligned to the golden ratio)
- 1969 Maserati Indy (57.75% aligned to the golden ratio)
Share this on social media